10. THE FOUNDATION OF YOUR LIFE (Luke 6:45-49)
- Whom is Jesus portraying in vs.45?
- What are the similarities between a house and a human life? Find as many as you can.
- Why do many people consider only the facade of a house/ a life as important, not the
- What different things can people make to the foundation of their lives?
- What is the reason many people build their lives without "digging down deep"
- What does Jesus mean by "a flood" or "a torrent" that strikes a human life?
- How will you handle the situation if your life is hit by "a flood" that you are now
- According to this parable, "a flood" hits the lives of Christians and non-Christians alike. Why are the Christians not
- Think of a time when a catastrophe struck your life. What did you cling to at that time?
- How did the words of Jesus help you in the time of affliction? Please share your
- What will happen to a person whose house collapses? (What kind of life will he lead after the
- What could be the reason for someone hearing the words of Jesus but not putting them into practice?
- What makes someone want to put the words of Jesus into practice?
- To which of these two groups do you belong? (You can answer in your
- To put the words of Jesus into practice means among other things to do what we were told last time: to love your enemy. Can you say that these words have become the foundation of your
- The word "rock" has one more meaning in the Bible. Paul says in 1.Cor.10:4:
"That rock was Christ." What is the difference if you build your life on the commandments of Jesus (the law) or if you build it on Jesus himself (the
- Jesus himself kept all the commandments. Then, why did "a flood" destroy his life?
© 2012 Glad Tidings Bible Studies - www.gladtidings-bs.com